- 1 batch whole wheat pizza dough (I recommend buying one at whole Foods or TJ’s)
- 1/4cup barbecue sauce
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups (8 ounces) grated low-moisture, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2-3/4 cup pineapple chunks, sliced into ¼-inch thick, bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeños
- 1/4-1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Red pepper flakes, a light sprinkling of chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit with a rack in the upper third of the oven. If you’re using a baking stone or baking steel, place it in the oven on the top rack.
- Prepare dough and put on surface to build your pizza
- Evenly spread ¼ cup barbecue sauce over pizza. Top pizza, beginning with grated mozzarella, followed by sliced pineapple, pickled jalapeños, crumbled feta, and chopped onion.
- Bake pizza on the top rack until the crust is golden and the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Transfer pizza to a cutting board, slice and serve with desired garnishes on the side.